You are required by SARS to register for Value Added Tax (VAT) if your company’s turnover exceeds R1,000,000 within a 12 month period.
You can also voluntarily register for VAT if your turnover is at least R50,000 but less than R1 million within a 12 month period.
To register with SARS the following is required:
- Transfer of your efiling profile to ours (we will transfer is back once we have finished with it)
- Company income tax number
- Company documents and details (name and registration number)
- Power of attorney to act on your behalf at SARS (we are responsible for its preparation)
- Certified copies (not older than 3 months) of the ID documents of all the directors
- A letter appointing one of the directors as a Public officer (to sign documents)
- Proof of address of the Public Officer (not older than 3 months), e.g. municipal account.
- Proof of address of the company (not older than 3 months), e.g. municipal account.
- Original and stamped letter from the bank confirming the bank details of your company
- Bank statements reflecting cash inflows of R50 000 or more for the last three months
- Copies of invoices valued at R50 000 or more.